GPS: N:43°06.932 / E:2°13.579
Tel: +33 468 314 320
>> Contact us
We are delighted to share our wines and this beautiful place with you.
Our light and luminous tasting room with-a-view and shop is nearly always open, and you are most welcome. We have no fixed opening hours, so please do be sure to contact us beforehand.
Our regular Tuesday Tour, Talk & Tutored Tasting is a popular feature. Please phone to make a reservation, as we like to keep the groups small.
Welcome to the Aude !
A complete compendium of history lies on the vineyard’s doorstep: the spectacular medieval walled city of Carcassonne and the famous Canal du Midi (two World Heritage sites) are both just 20 minutes away. Our landscape is an unspoilt rural harmony of vineyards jostling with fields of sunflowers and fruit trees, in the sight of the snow-capped Pyrenees.
Château Rives-Blanques is named after one of the white peaks dominating its horizon.
The region resonates with the magic and the mystery of Cathar castles, Roman ruins and medieval monasteries. But there is also white-water rafting, thermal spas, pony trekking, fishing, golf, skiing, and a host of other outdoor activities within a one hour radius of the vineyard.
Nearby Chambres d’Hôtes
Self-Catering and other fine Accommodation
- www.chateaudecamon.com beautifully situated, wonderfully restored chateau/abbey boutique hotel near Mirepoix, oozes charm and romance, lovely restaurant. English-run
- www.relaismirepoix.com right in the heart of Mirepoix, charming medieval town, lovely boutique hotel full of character with excellent restaurant.
- www.domainemichaud.eu quiet and very nicely appointed, with splendid views over Carcassonne, and a stylish restaurant. Dutch-run
- www.manufacture-royale.eu family-friendly gîtes, chambres d’hôtes in an impressive and lovingly restored historic building in the literary village Montolieu, run by a talented Dutch family.
- Domaine Nerige beautifully appointed and equipped, stunning country house with all facilities and services, 2 minutes from Rives-Blanques
- www.domainedelabade.com: gites (2 up to 8 people) and Chambres d’hôtes, popular domaine run by a Dutch couple in Raissac-sur-Lampy, just north of Carcassonne.
- www.chateaucanet.com working vineyard with extensive family-friendly gites & sporting facilities near Carcassonne
- www.la-prade.com Anglo-French manor house luxury gites 20 mins from Carcassonne
- www.chateaulaprade.eu Delightful Swiss-run chambre d’Hotes alongside Canal du Mid
- www.bargecolibri.com luxury Anglo-Australian hotel-barge on the Canal du Midi
- www.lesarrail.com Anglo-French, stylish contemporary-chic boutique holiday houses near Montréal
- www.camellaslloret.com 18th century family home Chambres d’Hôte in the cobblestone heart of Montréal.
- www.auberge-vigneron.com further afield in the heart of Cathar country, a small hotel with a big kitchen at the foot of Chateau Queribus
- www.chateaulanguedoc.com: fully-serviced beautifully appointed traditional chateau in Chalabre
- www.lamoneze.com run by multilingual Belgians, near Limoux
- www.latourduchateau.com all-inclusive holiday packages based in the chateau’s renovated tower alongside the Canal du Midi in Ventenac en Minervois
Grand Hotel Moderne et Pigeon
Excellent kitchen, summer dining on the terrace
1 Place du Gén Leclerc 11300 Limoux
Tel: 01 45 84 83 84
Limoux’s up-and-coming young Chef
38 rue des cordeliers, 11300 Limoux
Restaurant attached to the boutique B&B overlooking the old town of Carcassonne, reservations necessary
1 Michaud, 11290 Roullens,
Winery’s immaculate indoor-outdoor restaurant
Chemin de Moscou 11300 Brugairolles,
Tel: +33 (0) 468 31 64 14
Hôtel de La Cité – La Barbacane
Stately ambiance in the old city’s premier hotel for excellent food & wine
Place Auguste-Pierre Pont
11000 Carcassonne, Tel: +33 4 68 71 98 71
Au Comte Roger
Modern, delicious cooking in the heart of the old town
14 Rue Saint Louis
11000 Carcassonne. Tel 0468 11 93 40
A lovely manor house with excellent kitchen and wine list just outside Carcassonne
Route de Saint-Hilaire
11000 Carcassonne Tel: 04 68 25 72 22
Also, overlooking the golf-course, Bistrot d’Auriac : 33 (0)468 253 719
Restaurant le Parc Franck Putelat
Surprising, highly acclaimed kitchen verges on the molecular
Restaurant La Marquière
One of the most authentic, family-run, generations-old restaurants in the heart of the medieval fortress
13 rue St Jean
La cité, 11000 Carcassonne
Tel: + 33 (0) 468 715 200
Auberge des Lices
Very good value, very good quality in the heart of the old city
3 Rue Raymond Roger Trencavel
Tel : 04 68 72 34 07
Chateau de Camon
Great food and romance in bucketloads in this old abbey
Camon, 09500 Ariege
Tél./fax : 00 33 (0)5 61 60 31 23
Le Puits du Tresor
One of the region’s top chefs never disappoints
21 Route des 4 Châteaux 11600 Lastours
Tel 04 68 77 50 24
Auberge du Vigneron
Excellent kitchen a stone’s throw from Cathar castles
2 Rue Achille Mir
11350 Cucugnan Tel: 0145848384
Rives-Blanques wines are available in Belgium, Brazil, Curacao, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, the Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad & Tobago, the UK, and the USA. Please contact us for details.
They really know how to pick a view …
– Victoria Moore Daily Telegraph